$4,500.00

1. take out engine and replace a piston and valve (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 3500:

2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments

Oct 292009

Ram 3500 3500 5.9L

This motor is susposed to be covered by Dodge up to 100,000 miles , The selling dealer put an Edge system on it and Dodge is tell me that voided the warranty , but the failure was not caused by the Edgw system , it was caused by a flaw in the Cummins engine , I took it to a Cummins Dealer and they tore it down and a clip came off the valve and when down on top of the piston , The cummins dealer told me that when one of these engines fail that us usually what happens in 99% of the failures , Dodge wont even talk to me because they told me they had made their decision without even tearing down the engine , they told me the dealer had torn down the engine and they didn't even have a diesel mechanic . and he told me the area rep made the decision on the phone. This truck has been broke down more months then we have had the privilege to use it , it seem after you fix one thing something else breaks , what should I do the cummind dealer wants 4500.00 to fix it and I am not to excited about paying a bill like that on this truck , a 50,000 dollar truck should preform better then this one has .

- , Presque Isle, ME, USA