4.0

2004 Dodge Ram 3500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 3500:

2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments

Apr 232015

Ram 3500 5.9L Diesel

front end wanders particularly when the vehicle hits bumps

I had a 2005 2500 diesel bought new which until it was totaled recently had no steering or front end problems evident. It had about 135000 miles when destroyed.

I liked the vehicle and wanted another one. I found a 2004 3500 with 195000 miles, which was in nice shape with more accessories than my old vehicle had and bought it. Right away I discovered the front end problem, which until then was not aware of. I've had the steering box replaced but that only helped the problem about 20%. I'm told that updating the vehicle to the latest Dodge design components will elevate the problem. I cannot live with what I have now. Do I fix it and, save my receipts and hope Dodge is forced to settle or just suck it up?

- , Eagle River, AK, USA