1.9

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 3500:

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

May 202016

Ram 3500

Takata recall - when they replaced my driver's side airbag they broke the electrical substrate (in the airbag cover) that functions the horn. Apparently this is happening on most of these as the part is on back order. I haven't had a horn since May 2016 and have almost been in a wreck as a result.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Apr 142016

Ram 3500

Faulty total integrated power module creates a situation where the vehicle can change from 2wd to 4WD at anytime. A situation like this can create a hazard while driving at any significant speed. For example, trying to take a turn while the driver expects to be in 2wd but the vehicle is in 4WD will cause the vehicle to take wider turns than normal. This may lead to the vehicle entering into the path of entering oncoming traffic causing a head on collision.

- Meridian, ID, USA

Dec 182015

Ram 3500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

2006 Dodge 3500. Consumer writes in regards to recall notice 14V-795. The consumer submitted invoices, proving the repairs were done, prior to the recall. Also, the outer and inner tie rods, fuel pump and blower motor were replaced

- Erie, CO, USA

Feb 102015

Ram 3500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500. The contact received notification for NHTSA campaign numbers: 13V528000 (steering), 09E001000 (steering), 15V313000 (air bags), and 14V795000 (electrical system). The contact was unable to receive the parts for the recalls repairs. The contact called for several months and went to the dealer, but they were unable to confirm from the manufacturer when the parts would be shipped. While waiting for the repair, the front driver side tie rod fractured. The contact had to tow the vehicle to the contact's residence and replaced the part. The air bag warning light was also randomly flashing for weeks. The contact was unable to determine when the recall repairs would be completed for an extended period of time. Parts distribution disconnect. The failure mileage was not available.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jan 152014

Ram 3500

The RPM gauge goes completely out of sync of the actual RPM of the engine. This condition makes knowing manual shift points impossible to know rather driving a manual or automatic transmission equiped truck. Also causes excess emissions and a danger of losing control when taking out of gear for a downshift. This condition happens rather idleing or driving. There are several hundred compaints on the internet of this happening to 2006 Dodge diesel trucks.

- Nibley, UT, USA

Nov 182015

Ram 3500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V795000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Jul 102015

Ram 3500

Driver side brake and blinker for trailer light do not work. Seat belts do not retract.

- Ponchatoula, LA, USA

Aug 072012

Ram 3500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500. The contact stated that when the ignition key was turned to the on position, the vehicle failed to operate intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, where it was diagnosed that the injector needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure and the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V795000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was 167,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 082006

Ram 3500

Every time I took it to the dealer, they said there was nothing they could do about the problem. The whole front end felt like it was loose. I could hardly keep it on the road. The dealer test drove it the several times I took it there, but they never fixed anything. I tried to fix it myself because it was a hazard. Finally we got a recall on this exact problem, after I called Chrysler for some help, which they told me they would get in touch with the dealer, but the dealer told me they never got any notice. I have a lot of receipts of all the parts I bought trying to fix the problem. But it still isn't right. I have had this truck for 10 years and love it, but am really getting tired of fixing it. Also the computer has never shifted the transmission correctly, but again the dealer could not find any problem. I sure hope you can buy this vehicle back, or fix everything I have tried to get fixed for years on end.

- Howe, TX, USA

Jan 192015

Ram 3500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V795000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/18/15

- Camptonville, CA, USA

May 092014

Ram 3500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500. While driving at 55 mph, the contact heard a noise and the vehicle veered to the right. In addition, the steering wheel seized. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the fan belt and other multiple parts needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 13V528000 (steering), 14V795000 (electrical system), and 14V817000 (air bags); however, the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 160,000.

- Lewiston, ID, USA

Jul 282014

Ram 3500 4WD 6-cyl

Steering wheel not center dealer wont fixed ask three times also turn signals the right comes on when you turn on the left one they fixed after fighting with them the wipers stop some times and then go slow then fast then stop the tipm is bad it runs all the electrical on truck had lots of concerns that it will stall because some time the head lights go bright then dim then bright the trailer light some time come on both then one goes out had trailer check out they said was the truck I drive in daylight hours if I can just had tipm replaced at dealer had to fight with them it cost me $1500 dollars they said their no recall it a safety thing I just think they should pay not me.

- Deland, FL, USA

Oct 152014

Ram 3500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500. The contact was able to start the vehicle without depressing the safety clutch pedal. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 81,822.

- Harker Heights, TX, USA

Apr 152014

Ram 3500 6-cyl Diesel

Discovered that there was a recall on the malfunction switch. I carried my vehicle to the Dodge dealership. I was refused to have the switch replaced because I was told I was 700 miles over the warranty. I tried to explain that this was a recall to no avail. My switch is doing exactly as described, at intermittent times the switch will display the opposite direction chosen. Turn right blinker on and left comes on, etc. Also sometimes the switch will not turn headlights from dim to bright or bright to dim. This is a major safety concern as it gives the wrong intention on turns and also blinding oncoming traffic. These issues could possibly cause a crash.

- Perrin, TX, USA

Jun 262014

Ram 3500

Driving in the rain at 40 mph and windsheald wipers stopped working "no wipers on any setting". changed "parts from Dodge dealer" the multi-switch $97 dollars no fix, changed the wiper motor assembaly $214 dollars no fix. Dodge dealer said it had to be the timp and it is $875 dollars just for the part. The dealer told me to just bypass the timp due to they go out all the time. My first issue is over a $1000 dollars to fix just wipers with the chance for some other electrical item to go out at anytime and have to replace the timp again for another $875 dollars. Second issue who designs a electrical control system that is not separating each electrical item!? it would be like one breaker going bad in your house but you can not change just the one break you have to change out the entire electrical panel.

- South Charleston, WV, USA

Jun 122014

Ram 3500 6-cyl Diesel

As I was driving down the road to work I turned on the blinker and a bell went off, then the windshield wiper started spraying fluid on the windows and the wipers would not work. I was 2 blocks from my office and pulled in and turned the engine off. When I exited the vehicle a smelled what smelled like electrical fire. I opened the hood and noticed smoke coming from the fuse box. I went into my office and was getting ready to call for a tow truck when I heard the trucks horn started honking, I ran outside and the vehicles lights were flashing on and off and the truck was starting running and then turning off all on its own with out a key in the ignition. The smoke was really pouring out and the started kept trying to start. I disconnected the batteries and removed the fuse box. This is a serious safety issue and I have read numerous blogs regarding this problem this morning. Thank goodness I was stopped in my office parking lot when this happened as if I was going down the road this could have killed someone.

- Meridian, ID, USA

Oct 012013

Ram 3500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

Clutch start switch broke allowing starter to engage without clutch petal depressed....updated 01/07/ 15 the clutch master cylinder was replaced. Updated 01/20/15

- Carrollton, VA, USA

Apr 012014

Ram 3500 6-cyl Diesel

Turning left onto farm to market...signaled left..rear vehicle began passing me on left I slammed on brakes as did they...although my turn signal lever was in left turn position...vehicle turn lamps were both signaling a right turn as was dash lamp...very dangerous..could have killed passing motorist are sent them to the ditch..signal now malfunctions on a weekly basis..switch on backorder...tells us something...

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Mar 262014

Ram 3500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the driver's side low beam headlight failed. The contact also mentioned that the gauges failed to function. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the integrated power module had failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 71,000.

- Cameron, MO, USA

Dec 012012

Ram 3500 6-cyl Diesel

When my vehicle reached 50000 miles the ABS light, the airbag light and brake light came on for no apparent reason. Dodge has two recalls related to this issue. But as expected my vehicle was not on the recall list. So their solution was for me to purchase the $500 dollar part to remedy their poor design and workmanship. This is clearly a huge safety issue and should be addressed promptly. I personally think these failures are by design to sell parts.

- Mclean, TX, USA