2007 Dodge Ram 3500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 3500:

2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 062013

Ram 3500 6-cyl Diesel

I was involved in an automobile accident on 11/6/13. The 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 truck I was in was totaled due to the accident. The air bags did not deploy upon impact. My head hit the steering wheel and bent the steering wheel. My neck was broken in two places. I feel that if the air bags had deployed I would not have been hurt as seriously as I was hurt. I don't know if anyone else has had trouble with air bags not deploying but I do think someone needs to know about this problem and maybe no one else will be hurt as bad as I was hurt.

- Decatur, MS, USA

Sep 072009

Ram 3500

I purchased a new 2007 Dodge 3500, that started to fail in many areas of the vehicle, before the 10,000 mile mark. Freedom Dodge here in lexington Kentucky deliberately executed insurance fraud to blame clutch failure on a minor collision that never busted a light, radiator, etc. And was able to drive after collision. Before the accident I noticed clutch slipping, truck tires began to wear at an extreme rate, and vibrations was becoming an increasing problem. I then took the truck to freedom Dodge where they blamed all on minor collision, in which I turned to geico for reimbursement. Geico fought Dodge on this issue, then freedom Dodge went back on their previous documentation and blamed the failures on me, and documented that. I have documents of them going back on their previous documentation. I have all documentation to support all, while paying a high payment for this so called "heavy duty" truck, I was forced to make repairs or give back. After replacing clutch that cost me over $1600 the other problems visibly arising was to much to take from my family to pay for. This truck and the voluntary repo process has destroyed my good credit that I have worked so hard to perfect. Thanks to Dodge/Chrysler my family now suffers from my purchase from freedom Dodge. The deliberately falsified company documents to make financial gain, and continue to sell these vehicles to others, knowing from many others these trucks are junk. The motor is built by cummins, never had a problem from motor, but all parts behind trucks are junk and designed for failure, to increase sales in their service dept. My family has dearly paid for my choice to by a Dodge. Due to the many recalls, the last one being with rack & pinion, resulting in spontaneous crash, I would not allow my family to ride in this truck out of fear for their lives. My wife was furious, because I was forced to drive such an unsafe and failed vehicle. They ruined my life and our credit, we deserve comp.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Jul 182007

Ram 3500 4WD Diesel

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500. The contact stated that the cruise control would not turn off while she was driving 65 mph. She lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the dealer and they stated that the front frame was bent and that the air bags should have deployed. The VIN, engine size, and number of cylinders were unknown. The current and failure mileages were 7,000.

- Bethany, LA, USA