2009 Dodge Ram 4500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Ram 4500:

2009 Dodge Ram 4500 Owner Comments

Sep 082011

Ram 4500 4WD 8-cyl

After backing out of my garage, at an approx. Speed of 1 mph, I turned the wheels to the left to run an errand, and the drivers side tie rod end broke. The drag link dropped and the wheel cocked to the full left. At this point I don't know if it caused any other damage. I spoke with the nearest dealer and was told that there are no recalls on this vehicle at this time. Unfortunately I need this vehicle and had to order a new tie rod end at a cost of $116. Bearing any other damage, I will also have to get an alignment, at an unknown cost at this time. Thank god that I had not been traveling at a higher rate of speed when this part decided to fail, because I am sure the outcome would not have been good.

- Mcadoo, PA, USA