2011 Dodge Ram 5500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Ram 5500:

2011 Dodge Ram 5500 Owner Comments

Jan 252012

Ram 5500 6-cyl Diesel

Driving on a highway that I drive 3-4 times a week, without warning the truck shook very violently. Could not keep in my lane, it shook until I came to a complete stop. I inspected wheels and related parts could find no issues. I carry a wheelchair with me as I have broken my neck in 8 places with nerve damage and can not be operated on, I can walk for very short distances only. If I had been in traffic I could have hit another vehicle and due to my physical condition could have been paralyzed or worst. My truck cost $57,000 and I have only made 5 payments. I purchased this unit because it rode good for my condition, plus could carry my wheelchair. I am now afraid to drive it. I spent money on new because I needed dependability as I can not walk if it breaks. Plus much of the time my pain levels are very high and I just want to get to my destination or home as driving causes me a lot of extra pain. My truck has never been off road or abused as I am 56 years old and try to take care of my truck. I have read on the internet others are experiencing this problem and some dealers work with them some do not, but the only repair is buying after market parts. I am on my own and can not leave the truck at a dealer and still have the issue.

- Essex, IA, USA