$2,000.00

1. transmission replaced (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram Van 1500 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram Van 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 172007

Ram Van 1500

This van was purchased from an older couple who used it gently. The grandkids were in it maybe once a month. I took it on a couple of road trips and drove it around town....... nothing rough. At 47,000 miles it just stopped one day......... no gears at all. I couldn't believe it!!! NOT TO WORRY......... the 70,000 power train warranty should cover it.......... WRONG!!!!! That was only for one small sensor, not the transmission or anything expensive.

I've written to Dodge to see if they will help with the expense..... you guessed it........ I haven't heard a word. I've always bought AMERICAN made products but Dodge has cured me of that. I'll never own another Dodge, and probably won't buy another American made car either.

- , Houston, TX, USA