1. replace or cover dash (2 reports)
2002 Dodge Ram Van 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Ram Van 1500:

2002 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 002007

Ram Van 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

I have never seen a dash disintegrate like this one. If you touch it, pieces of it will break off. If I have an accident and the air bag goes off I am toast.

- , Florence, SC, USA

Jan 202007

Ram Van 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

I had heard that Dodge Ram dashboards had a tendency to crack. Therefore, when I first observed a hairline crack down the middle, I taped off both sides and ran a line of glue into the crack. I was afraid that the crack might grow. I contacted my local dealer and he claimed he was unaware of the problem. It was also outside the warranty period and I had another issue that Dodge failed me on already (failed computer).

The truck was always kept in a garage or under a car cover. It has only been driven 5k in the last 5 years, yet the cracks continue to worsen. I have no respect for Dodge or their customer service department. I purchased Dodge mainly due to the fact that I could get this truck with a manual. Based on prior experiences I have vowed to never purchase another Chrysler product ever again. They simply do not comprehend what it takes to make a quality vehicle and further their customer relations department has no interest in keeping loyal customers. Prior to my Ram issues I had purchased 3 Dodges in a row. Since those issues zero Dodge purchases.

I am not going to purchase a new dash from Dodge because there is no reason to think they have fixed an issue they continue to deny is occurring. As it continues to worsen, I may just tape it together and cover it with a carpeted after market product.

- , Acworth, USA