2001 Dodge Ram Van 3500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram Van 3500:

2001 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Owner Comments

Jun 122001

Ram Van 3500 4WD 6-cyl

I purchased brand new, a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab truck. The trucks dash has so many cracks in it, that they now have ran into each other and large areas have fallen out. This is a manufacturing defect that Dodge refuses to do anything about. These cracks have been in my dash for years. It is not heat related because I purchased the truck in Washington state and was there for several years before coming to California. This is an electrical hazard and a flying object hazard, should I hit someone or they hit me and pieces start flying from the dashboard. This is a nation wide problem with the dashes from Dodge, it's time they do something about it. These cracks have gotten worse and worse over the years.

- Plumas Lake, CA, USA

Feb 202008

Ram Van 3500 8-cyl

Chrysler recall G28 on my van was never done. Dealer says it was completed on 02/20/2008 which couldn't have happened since vehicle is off road between Dec. & April 01, every year since I purchased vehicle on 03/31/2001. I feel that I should have this service done without charge but dealer won't do it. Further more I would like to know why this vehicle was considered repaired when I know I never received recall notice or had it repaired.

- Syracuse, NY, USA