1998 Dodge Stratus accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Stratus:

1998 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Oct 042001

I have had numerous problems with this vehicle, other than those listed, plus there is much more information to support the problems I have listed. I have experienced a heater core failure, brakes replaced already twice on the vehicle with less than 40,000 miles on the car. I have had a defective seat belt (passenger), the timing chain is a major engine repair that I just had down. Now I am still dealing with the residule prodblem with my heating/defrost since K & M replaced my water pump on 10/17/01. Overall I consider this car to be a real piece of crap and I absolutely would never buy another Stratus and in fact, I will never buy another Chrysler vehicle ever. I feel I have stung with a lemon and basically I no legal recourse which is very unfair to me, the consumer. I am still paying on this piece of crap. If nothing else, I hope to warn anybody else, please do your homework ahead of time and don't buy a Dodge Stratus. Any assistance NHTSA might offer would be greatly appreciated. I can provide any documentation and detail that you require. Thank you.

- Sparta, MI, USA

Jul 242001

Heater core has failed and causes the car to overheat. The defective heater also causes the car interior to fill with steam. This also causes the car to stall out unexpectedly.

- Warrenton, VA, USA