1998 Dodge Stratus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Stratus:

1998 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Apr 072000

Stratus

We have conctaced several car seat manufacturers (fisher price and even-flo) and they do not recommend using convertible car seats in the rear position with automatic emergency locking device seat belts which is in my Dodge Stratus. We contacted Chrysler and they told us there was nothing they could do to solve the problem. I think it is very important to inform the public that to my knowledge there is not a safe child seat made that will work in the rear position in a car with a automatic emergency locking device. This I assume includes all or most Chrysler vehicles. We informed them that there are thousands if not millions of parents traveling around the daily with cars that are not capable of being used with rear facing child seats. They need to address this issue. It is disappointing that a car maker could even produce a product with sure disregard for child safety.

- Coldwater, OH, USA