1. replace brakes (1 reports)
  2. replaced rotors (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Stratus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Stratus:

2003 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Aug 122009

Stratus

I had to replace the front brakes in 2006 because they had rusted out. Now, I have to replace the back brakes. I think it is ridiculous that the brakes are rusting out on my car. These cars have sorry brakes. I am going to insist the mechanics use some parts other than those used on Dodge cars. I don't want to use the same cheap brakes.

- , Wise, VA, USA

Aug 012006

Stratus

In 2006, shortly after my warranty expired, I discovered that the front brakes on my stratus had rusted out. The back brakes also had rusted badly. I had to replace the front brakes, but the back brakes were sanded or something and saved. The car only had 21,000 miles on it at the time, and the brake pads were only half way worn down. Now, in 2009, I have learned that the back brakes are rusted out. They apparently have been for awhile, but since the front brakes were working, I didn't realize there was a problem. At no time during these problems do I remember my brake light coming on. I am now going to have to replace the back brakes.

- , Wise, VA, USA