1.3

2003 Dodge Stratus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Stratus:

2003 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Oct 182016

Stratus 6-cyl

Only had my 2003 Dodge Stratus for a few months and having major problems now. When I first got it, everything was in good condition but I still did maintenance work on it anyways. I barely drive my car because I'm a stay at home mom so I don't really put miles on my car. Now my car is suffering problems from within the engine. I was driving one evening and my car just stopped out of nowhere. I did a little research and then went to a mechanic and pretty much my engine is suffering. They also told me that 2.7 engines are very crappy and doesn't last long. I wish I would've knew that before I bought the car. These cars need to be recalled and made better. Now I'm out of a car.

- Kansas City, KS, USA

May 012016

Stratus

The car one once moving and then I stop, and put foot on brake, put gear in reverse and give it a little gas, and the vehicle rocks and shakes, and I was park, and put my foot on brake, put the gear in reverse and gave it a litte gas and it rock and shakes. I did just have new spark plugs put on old plugs and wires, and a new fuel tank filler tube

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Jan 182012

Stratus

Was stopped at a traffic light and the car "chugged" and then stalled. It restarted immediately and I passed through traffic. This has happened about 8-10 since it's first occurrence. Last occurrence was in a drive-thru waiting for service and the car "sputtered" and then stalled. It took several attempts to get the car started again.

- Huron, OH, USA