2004 Dodge Stratus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Stratus:

2004 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Mar 182007

Stratus R/T 3.0L

The brake pedal started to fade and got to the point where the brakes start to catch when the brake pedal is 1/2 to the floor and is very spongy. I have had the brakes and master cylinder bled several times but to no avail the problem did not fix. I did notice there was a recall on an after market brake master cylinder in 2006, but why would you be replacing the brake master cylinder after a couple years of use, it should not be bad, or is it. If people where replacing them after a couple years then a defective one was used in the beginning and should be recalled to replace those defective units. I did have the car at the dealer and they acknowledged the low and spongy brake, but said that is normal for that vehicle which I find very hard to believe that should be normal. I have had the problem for so long I am use to it. I do not have anti-lock brakes and I can and have been traveling along at around 70 miles an hour and slammed on the brakes and the wheels DID NOT lock up.

- , Hellertown, PA, USA