2. need a new water pump fast (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Stratus cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Stratus:

2004 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Jun 252016

Stratus SXT 2.4L

Car started to overheat slightly, figured it was time to do a flush. Flushed the coolant system, car continued to overheat, but it was getting much worse. Replaced the thermostat, water pump, hoses, radiator, still same issue. checked the head gasket... which I might add, is a pain, everything was fine, but still over heating. all my coolant goes into the "barf box" and boils, it never returns to the radiator. This has been the toughest fix! Still no clue on what the problem is!?!

- , Tempe, AZ, USA

Jul 282012

Stratus 2.7L

Spent a small fortune and the problem is still not fixed yet! Did the thermostat housing, next the thermostat itself, and it still over heats.

- , Nnewark, NJ, USA

May 052011

Car overheats. it seems like when it wants to. we changed all the things u can imagine to it. for a new reservoir tank we just bought another water outlet for the second time today. the other one cracked. my husband changed all the hoses, he did a radiator flush. and a new radiator cap. he even did the heads on the car, and it still does the same thing. it is so frustrating, we go to the parts store and they say it may be the heads but we already did the heads. and it is so frustrating cause it still overheats. and we have no clue why.

- , San Berdo, CA, USA

Aug 072008

Stratus 2.4L V4

Just a word of advise...IF your car is getting hot, it's possible you have a hole in your waterpump. Get it fixed AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! I had a hole for about a week, and put water in everyday. One day I didn't keep enough in the waterpump, and my car stalled while driving. And it ended up I needed to get a new waterpump, and my car "jumped time" 180 degrees. On top of that, I blew a head gasket. The whole thing was supposed to cost over $1500.00. But I got lucky and didn't have to pay that much. Many people also told me that Stratus' problems' cannot be ignored. Otherwise u will need a new car.

- , Lubbock, TX, USA