5.0

2. release trunk. unlock and open driver door before closing tr (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Stratus electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Stratus:

2004 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Dec 012006

Stratus RT Coupe V6

I have complaints in both know problems w/ electrical. The PCM was replaced under warranty, and seemed to correct the problem. However, it has since returned. Rather than pay a small fortune to replace again, I simply go through the ridiculous routine of releasing my trunk, and BEFORE closing my trunk I need to unlock my drivers door and open it (leaving it open). If you do this in any other form/fashion the alarm goes off. If you don't go through the routine, you simply set the alarm off and have to disengage by hitting unlock on your key fob. I guess I should just be thankful my car isn't mysteriously stalling out (I'm not), but I've had to replace several batteries from the continuous draw on it from the security.

- , Des Moines, IA, USA

Feb 052010

Stratus SXT 2.8L

My wife is prone to migraine headaches and when the alarm goes off upon turning off the ignition or just opening the door it can trigger a headache.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA