6.0

2004 Dodge Stratus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Stratus:

2004 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Mar 012013

Stratus SE 2.7L V6

This has happen twice. First time, car's rpm's running slightly moderately, then about 20 miles the rpm's started to run higher, high enough to coast all the way home. It was surging at times. I cleaned the idle module which had carbon on it and behold the car was fine the next morning. A month later it happened again, this time it was worse. I started the car and the needle jump very high and car shut off. I started again same thing. Next I started again keep my foot on accelerator and brake and warmed the car up. I drove it with no problem. Next morning the car started with the rpm needle jumping to high then car shuts off. I replaced the Idle module, but its doing the same thing. The worst experience about this 2004 dodge is frequently replacing module after module. I heard the dodge engine is the worst that chrysler has made. I will be making more complaints. I will mostly likely trash this car and buy a foreign care. The dealership where I bought the car is closed down. Ha! Ha!

- , Dyer, IN, USA