7.3

2004 Dodge Stratus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Stratus:

2004 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Sep 012009

Stratus ES 2.4L

I will never purchase or recommend a dodge to anyone. i will say the car was ok until recently the timing belt went out after that it has been giving me problems after problems. I just did a diagnostic test on it and its saying basically my transmission is slipping. Before that it was jumpig real bad when i come to a complete stop or when the ac is on and then when im on the high way it rides good until i let my foot off the gas it acts up.No one really seems to no what it takes to solve the problem overall. I have put to much time and stress into getting the car fix but now i want to get rid of it. The only thang is i kind of feel bad for anyone that actually wants the piece of junk unless there going to use it for parts.

- , Atlanta, GA, Georgia

Mar 162009

Stratus SXT V6

Not sure what I need to do to fix this problem, but I do know Dodge and Chrysler will not be the top pick when choosing a vehicle!. Bail out my Who???? What do you think we are made of money? Ask the banks to fix this "lack of confidence".

- , Greensboro, NC, USA

Feb 012007

Stratus SE 2.4L

transmission will not engage on cold mornings, slips and clunks periodically. this is the last thing I need with a car that just has 65K miles! Dodge is starting to wear thin with me. I will update after I have it checked out.

- , Overland Park, KS, USA