2013 Fiat 500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Fiat 500:

2013 Fiat 500 Owner Comments

May 282015

I took my vehicle in for a tapping sound coming from the engine compartment. The afternoon after I dropped off my car I received a call from the service adviser telling me that the noise was coming from an interior component of my engine and that the engine would have to be replaced. The engine did not come in until July 20, 2015. Within a day or two I received another call from the service adviser telling me that the clutch pressure plate was worn down to the metal and that it needed to be replaced. He went on to say that this particular part was not covered under the manufacturers warranty and I would now incur an out of pocket expense. At fifty three years of age I have had several vehicles with manual transmissions and never have had problems with my clutch let alone with the pressure plate. Soon after I researched several vehicle review web sites to learn that there are a number of complaints with the clutch pressure plate vehicles with mileage from 11K to 25 K.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Sep 012014

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. While turning at an unknown speed, the vehicle stalled and the electronic throttle control warning light illuminated. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer on several occasions where the failure was undetermined. The technician recommended that the computer be reprogrammed. The repair failed to remedy the vehicle. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 39,000.

- Sophia , NC, USA

Mar 182013

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, the vehicle would independently decelerate. The contact shut off the vehicle and when restarted, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who could not diagnose the failure. The vehicle was serviced four times for the recurring failure. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 4,600.

- New York, NY, USA