5.7

2013 Fiat 500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Fiat 500:

2013 Fiat 500 Owner Comments

Jan 152016

500

At 25,000 miles I had an oil change and tire rotation. After that, I noticed unsafe feeling on my steering on high speed (over 75mph) that I never felt before the service. It just didn't feel steady. Brought the car back in then they replaced an internal shaft but didn't help. Brought back in twice more and they test drove it and checked everything (so they said) but nothing was found. I was told that the tires were getting old and to just get used to it and not to drive so fast. But on interstates, sometimes you have to go with the flow and that flow can be that high speed. I talked to two service personnel but they seemed like that they didn't understand my concern nor care about it. I posted my concern on Fiat usa facebook page and someone from the Fiat headquarters contacted me which was nice but not much help because my dealership didn't want to deal with them. I was even suggested by a person from the headquarters to change the dealership. The bottom line is that I will have to buy new tires about 6,000 miles from now but this kind of thing never had happened to any of my previous cars.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Sep 172014

500

At low speeds 20 mph and below you could hear a grinding noise that sounded much like bad brakes bearings. Second time we suggested this problem. First time the tech said he could not duplicate the noise. This time they found both of the rear bearing had been completely eaten away by brake dust inside the bearing assembly.

- Spirit Lake , ID, USA

Jun 032014

500 4-cyl

Center emblem keeps coming out of the middle of the steering wheel revealing the airbag behind it. I keep "popping" it back in place, but it does not stay. The nearest dealer for repairs is 90 miles away. I scheduled a time for them to look at it, but now have to bring it in again so they can keep it longer to determine if it just needs that piece repaired or if I need a whole new steering wheel. I can only hope the airbag does not deploy from behind this loose piece as it is clearly not attached to anything.

- Kirksville, MO, USA