2014 Fiat 500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Fiat 500:

2014 Fiat 500 Owner Comments

Aug 032015

First incident was two weeks after I purchased the Fiat 500L. The brakes jammed and I ended rear ending another vehicle. The second incident was six weeks ago after replacing the front brakes. I purchased new rotors and pads;that evening the brakes jammed and caused me to rear end another vehicle twice. My Fiat 500L has experienced losing communication from the computer to the transmission, which caused my vehicle to stall on various streets and while in moving traffic. On Friday 13, 2015; my Fiat 500L made a noise so loud that it sounded like it was going to blow up. I immediately checked the engine and it sounded like a large heavy piece of metal was trying to break through the engine wall. I turned the vehicle off and waited for 20 min. I started the vehicle and the noise went away. As I pulled off the vehicle started making a real loud noise and shut off. The vehicle has been towed to the dealer; however Fiat is only concerned that they do not have to pay for it because the car is out of warranty. My issue is not the mileage; however my safety. I am not easily scared; however I felt like my Fiat 500L was going to blow up. There is something seriously wrong with this car, fca needs to buy back every last one.

- Matteson, IL, USA

Aug 252015

Driving down the road warning lights cycled through for the first time ever indicating issues with ESC, dts, a sprocket with an exclamation point, a car on rough terrain, this continued as I traveled down the road...all of these lights are indicators of issues with the ABS system I moved to the right lane steering was different I was trying to get off at the next exit however as traffic slowed I was unable to stop my vehicle and my brakes reacted differently when I put my foot on the brakes and I rear ended the person in front of

- Middleburg, FL, USA