$2,500.00

1996 Fiat Punto clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Fiat Punto:

1996 Fiat Punto Owner Comments

Aug 232001

Punto Selecta

I don't know all the technical details but the car has a magnetic particle clutch and when it failed it wrecked the automatic transmission, so both parts had to be replaced. The car had done less than 39000 miles but the dealers wouldn't admit that the clutch was defective and implied that it must be due to user abuse. I'm still scratching my head trying to think of how you can abuse the clutch on an automatic. What really pissed me off, though, was when the new clutch I'd had fitted failed after six months. I reckon there must be a design flaw, but no-one's admitting anything and I can't find any evidence of this happening to anyone else.

- , Leeds, England, UK