2003 Fiat Punto clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Fiat Punto:

2003 Fiat Punto Owner Comments

May 272008

Punto 1242

I was driving along very busy road, approaching traffic lights and I could not get car into second gear. I thought if I could get car to quieter street to stop it would be better, but as I drove through lights clutch exploded, ruined gear box and water tank. It was quite terrifying. Car is 5 years old, has low mileage and only one driver. It is out of warranty, so goodness knows what it will cost to repair. Surely this should not happen to a five year old car. I bought the car new 5 years ago - first time in my life I have been able to afford new car. I am a 75 year old pensioner, so I don't even know if I shall be able to afford repair ( still waiting for estimate) never mind buy another car. If I am left without a car it will affect my life greatly.

- , Stockport, Cheshire, UK