2004 Fiat Ulysse electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Fiat Ulysse:

2004 Fiat Ulysse Owner Comments

Aug 012008

My front airbags deployed on me when l was reversing my car. l was really lucky because 10 minutes later l would have been on the motorway with my 6 children and would have been killed. Lucky enough l popped to the shops my self to get sme milk when this happened. l was pulled from my car by 2 passers buy as they thought my car was on fire. Someone called the fire brigade who disconnected my battery. l suffered whiplash and a badly sprained arm not to mention the mental trauma. My insurance company did not want to know as they said it was a manufacturing defect because l did not hit anything and as a good will gesture they would get an engineers report done to find out what caused this. They came back to me and said it was ingress of water to my ecu unit which 40 cars were recalled for on the vosa website. I am extremely stressed and angry through no fault of mine l am left with no car no courtesy car and a fight on my hands with fiat. l,ve had to go to a lawyer which l have to pay to try and help me sort out this nightmare.l bought this car from new, not abused it ,its not got a high mileage and cost me 17,4000 to last me till kids were up, it was also made into an eight seater as l have six kids which will cost me a fortune to replace. This is a total nightmare!

- , Kilsyth, Glasgow, Scotland