2013 Ford C-Max Energi body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford C-Max Energi:

2013 Ford C-Max Energi Owner Comments

Nov 192014

C-Max Energi 4-cyl

Hi on the 11/19/2014 around 2:30 my wife and her manager at work we was going to meet up with client. The offended vehicle break the stop sign and hit my vehicle from the right side and my car spin and face the opposite direction for the traffic.completely disabled my vehicle I called the police.I wait till the police come and we make the report. I start feel pain on my neck and my head and my back so they do an ex ray for me and all this happen because the airbag did not open the second day I receive latter recall about the airbag and after that I find my self pregnant so now the baby may be infected. So on my thinking this car is not safety because this is the third time the do recall for this modal

- Castro Valley, CA, USA

Dec 112013

C-Max Energi 4-cyl

Purchased car brought home open rear hatch via elc opener while open to full height and I was in opening it came back down over 12inches causing me to hit my head on it. As I had the exact same car and this was a replacement this was not expected as my last did not do this (same year cmax color opt everything) took back to dealer where they ordered new struts took a few weeks then were replace dose the same thing on my slight inclined driveway (live in S fl we don't really have big hills) took back again this time they changed struts from another car and they tested on there driveway did the same comes back down well below 6 foot they call Ford eng who claim this is normal if this is so it is very unsafe as I have even hit my head at almost eye level (btw I'm 6'1) when I open and it falls back down this dose not always happens seems to be worse in warmer weather Ford has claimed they have no fix for this issue but can see where some could easily be injured or drop a child when hitting there head the hatch opens about 6'8" on its elec opener and should stay there as it dose on a flat surface Ford seems to be unwilling or unable to fix this hazard and claim its normal!

- Delray Beach, FL, USA