9.9

2014 Ford C-Max Energi body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford C-Max Energi:

2014 Ford C-Max Energi Owner Comments

Sep 242014

C-Max Energi 4-cyl

After rain, the sensor warning on my car went off almost continuously. There were no warning signs on the dashboard, and I ran a vehicle diagnostic test that claimed everything to be fine. I tried using my car hours later (by this time my car was dry and had been parked in an indoor garage). When putting the car into reverse or drive the loud warning sound again went off. Sometimes it is a continuous sound, other times it starts when I come to a stop at a red light or stop sign (even when there are no cars or anything nearby my car to would set the sensors off). The longest time the warning sound went off continuously was for a 30 minute. However, the sensor warning went off (on and off) throughout a 2 hour drive. There are a variety of speeds at which this has happened- when the car is not moving (putting it in reverse or drive), when slowing down to a stop from about 35mph, driving on the highway with no car nearby at 45-55mph. I have had my car for a month now, with 350 miles on it now. It is currently in the shop, but they could not get the car to reproduce the sensor warning sound or figure out which sensor or sensors are bad.

- White Plains, NY, USA