2014 Ford C-Max Energi fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford C-Max Energi:

2014 Ford C-Max Energi Owner Comments

Oct 102015

C-Max Energi

While driving on the highway (about 1/2 way through a 6-hour highway trip), the "stop safely" warning light and accompanying beeps started and the engine cut out completely. I had to later look up in the manual what the orange triangle warning symbol meant. We pulled over to the side of the road, put it in park, and it restarted immediately and was fine for the rest of the journey. I ran the cars "vehicle health report", which did not find any problems. I took it to the dealer and they were unable to duplicate the issue and found nothing wrong with it. They indicated they consulted with Ford, who was unable to provide suggestions. While this is a different model, I did notice online that the Focus electric had a recall for this same issue. I suggested to the dealer they check if this could be the same problem showing up in a different model (I have no idea if they share the parts that caused the Focus electric problem), but they reacted like that suggestion made no sense, so I let it drop. I have had the car 7 months (bought new) and this is the only time that the problem has occurred, but if it had happened 20 minutes earlier when we were in heavy traffic in the middle lane it could have been incredibly dangerous. After having the car 4 days, the dealer did offer to keep the car longer and drive it to see if it happened again, but I opted to pick up the car.

- Burlington, VT, USA