6.2

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid:

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Owner Comments

Dec 212015

C-Max Hybrid

As of currently this is going to be the 10th time that this vehicle has been at dealership for repair ( factory recalls and repairs ). this last time was because of a faulty transmission that took over 3 weeks to repair.

- Washington, DC, USA

Apr 302015

C-Max Hybrid

2013 Ford C-max hybrid transmission, loud noise coming from transmission area when car is in gear and moving. No sound in park and neutral. Sound is intermittent.

- Forest Grove, OR, USA

Jun 022013

C-Max Hybrid 4-cyl

At 35 mph entire display and operating system catastrophic failure completely shut down all but motor to get us.75 mile back home windows locked ac shut off in 109 degree outside temp with our service dog for search and rescue in car with us no sync system or driver info display no ability to open doors or unlock doors or windows could not turn ac back on in 109 degree outside temperature we got home called dealer where we leased it from and we were told "just jumpstart it that's what I did for a prius".

- Fresno, CA, USA

Sep 032013

C-Max Hybrid 4-cyl

6 of 21 available plug-in miles remaining, driving in normal freeway traffic. Vehicle suddenly lost power and went into "stop safely now" mode with wrench icon and red warning triangle. Vehicle retained minimal power availability and was eventually able to limp vehicle out of traffic and onto side road. Called two different dealers and was told to wait a few minutes and restart. After 10 to 12 minutes and three restart attempts, finally restarted with full functionality restored. Error again appeared just as I reached home. Called dealer again and was told battery must have overheated; check again in the morning and it should be fine. This is the third time the problem has occurred since purchase in mid-June 2012. Each time taken to dealer they can find "nothing wrong with the vehicle - no error codes set." Concerned about the sudden loss of propulsion power in freeway traffic, and limited knowledge of service people / limited retention of error condition codes by the vehicle's computers. Running a Ford sync vehicle health report immediately after the event occurs shows all systems "okay."

- Flower Mound, TX, USA

Jul 192013

C-Max Hybrid 4-cyl

I thought I had placed my C max in park. I turned car off with power button and went into a store to shop. The car rolled out of parking space and almost hit another vehicle. I forgot to place my C max in park but the car gave me zero warning that the car was not in park and turned off like normal. I used to drive a prius hybrid and that car was push button start as well but the prius would tell me to place the vehicle in park if I tried to turn it off while it was in gear. Ford needs to correct this. The C max should not turn off while the vehicle is in gear. Someone is going to get seriously injured because of this design flaw.

- Lynchburg , VA, USA

Dec 222012

C-Max Hybrid

I put the car in reverse to back out of the drive way and when I stopped, I couldn't go backwards. I pulled forward and parked. Pulled back again and the car didn't do it again. The engine light did come on and I took the car to the dealership. They had it for two weeks. Ford said it is a "reverse delay problem" and they know about it. Ford is working on a fix. Ford is knowing selling the C-max with a drive train problem and does not consider the "reverse delay" a safety problem. I do consider it as a safety issue and trying to get the car returned and Ford will not take it back.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA