1996 Ford Contour engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Contour:

1996 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Oct 082005

Contour GL

I have had this car for the past 8 months and for the last 2 it has been a real pain. I have had it tuned up twice and it still has problems. What really pushed me to the edge was when the car stalled out when I was riding in the air conditioning. There were at least 10 cars behind me. It was so embarrassing. My car has recently started running on 2 cylinders. I'm not sure what is causing this. I'm afraid to drive it anywhere because I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road. I'm afraid that the mechanic will tell me that I need a new engine and I am not ready to invest that kind of money into it. If any mechanics or anyone with similar problems has any advice, please help me out.

- , Fayetteville, NC, USA