8.0

1996 Ford Contour engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Contour:

1996 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Oct 082005

Contour GL

I have had this car for the past 6 months. For the last 2 months, it has been a pain in the ass. It stalls at stop lights and I can't even ride with the air on because the car stalls out. It seems like I can't even get rid of it. I've tuned it up several times and I have replaced oxygen sensors. I'm afraid to put it in the shop because the mechanic will probably tell me that I will need an engine and I am not ready to do that. If anyone has ANY suggestions PLEASE help me out, or better yet, buy my car from me!

- , Fayetteville, NC, USA