9.0

1. replace ignition switch and make new keys (2 reports)
1998 Ford Contour accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Contour:

1998 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Mar 042010

Contour GL 2.0L

the previous owner either had to be someone blind or intoxicated all the time. I bought my car and noticed the only key for it was pretty worn. Ignition was fine for awhile then one day i had an emergency went to start my car and the key wouldnt turn i sat there for a half hour trying to turn it finally i walked away for a few minutes and went back and it turned fine. Now i know its a simple fix but who ever owned it before is ridiculously impaired.

- , Cudahy, WI, USA

May 012010

Contour V6

This is the cause of the engine shuting off unexpectedly while driving. Has happened to my wife several times but just happened to me for the first time today while doing 65 MPH on highway. You have to puyll the car over put in park the wiggle the switch until it starts. Key also gets hung up and when you take the key out the buzzer still goes off when the door is open. Was told by a mechanic that Ford has known of this damgerous problem for a long time but did not do a recall and if they did I was not notified. I did by it used but I purchased it from a Ford dealer so they knew who owned the car. Was also told this is a problem on several 1998 Ford modles.

- , Lexington, MO, USA