1998 Ford Contour brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Contour:

1998 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Aug 182000

Contour

I purchased my car in June 98 and before leaving the lot the service department had to replace both of the rear tires due to defects. They could not determine the exact problem. Therefore the tires were replaced. Since then I have had to replace the front tires in Feb 2000. This was due to the tread seperation and extensive wear. At the same time I was told that the front brakes were bad and that I needed new brakes and rotors. The tires and brake job cost $481.93. Now I had 2 flat tires on the same tire within 3 weeks of each other and now the back brakes need replacing. I feel that these repairs are due to defective parts. I have already taken my car back to Ford for at least 6 manufacturer recalls. I do not feel safe driving this car. The car sensor light has been replaced and replaced but it still comes on all the time. From my resaerch on this component this could cause the air bags to engage without cause. Between the recalls, tire, and the brakes this seems to me to be a very unsafe vechile. I was thinking that the problems were normal but after having all these recalls and now the recall on some of Firestone tires I thought that I should let someone know of the problems that I've had with my car.( dot number: Tire size: P20560R15 )

- Lithonia, GA, USA