1998 Ford Contour engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Contour:

1998 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Sep 092013

Takata recall I and other consumers have contacted Ford regarding the 1998 Ford Contour and it's defective parts including the engine wire harness yet they are refusing to acknowledge nor accept responsibility for or correct the problem stating it's not under recall treating each person who has contacted them as if they are an island and this is a isolated event my water pump, flashers, brake lights, have been all affected by this also my check engine light is on making me unable to register my car and get updated tags please contact T me regarding this matter as I and other consumers need help with this.7707449675 J.E.arnold via email also

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Aug 152012

The contact owns a 1998 Ford Contour. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the engine wiring harness was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 86,000.

- Mcalister, OK, USA

Aug 082013

I am the owner of a 1998 Ford Contour and the engine harness wire overheated over a long period of time and I was unaware until I had to change my radiator due to a leak and the harness wire had to be disconnected. That was when we found the wire melted and cracked and could not be reused. This harness connects to vehicle main supply. Without harness vehicle is not operable. Ford should be responsible to replace defective harness.

- Lafayette, LA, USA