1998 Ford Contour miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Contour:

1998 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Nov 192007

Contour

I am the owner of a 1998 Ford Contour. I bought it used, and within a 1 year remainder of a 3 year warranty. I was never officially notified of several defects and NHTSA recalls that are still in effect for this car model year. One of the repairs for the blower resistor was performed twice, however it was never done to my satisfaction and it did not meet the standards of quality as expected for the recall. There are several safety issues with this car, and I am now afraid to keep driving it after what I have read. The Ford Motor Company is very negligent in following up with consumers on these issues, and they keep an outdated database of former owners which they fail to update with the current owners in cases where the car ownership has changed hands. I am kind of close to hiring a lawyer to sue them over these recall issues. What should I do" are they still obligated to fix the recall issues at their expense" I am certainly not about to put one dime of my own money into that car to fix issues covered by recalls. Again, I do not wish to fight or Wrangler with a company that is so awful who puts out a terrible and cheap product like the Ford Contour, then won't stand behind their car. However, if there are formal responsibilities which they are legally bound to, I will reserve my right to pursue this under the fullest extent of the law. Please advise. Sincerely, Mr. Mcdonough

- Richmond, VA, USA

Mar 212004

Contour

My 1998 Ford Contour's paint is peeling and starting to rust on the roof.

- St Peters, MO, USA