6.0

1997 Ford Crown Victoria suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Crown Victoria:

1997 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Jul 012008

Crown Victoria LX 4.6L V8

OK, this car drives like an old truck. I have had new Bilstein shocks put on this thing and every time I pull up into my driveway I hear a really loud (and embarrassing) PLONG come from the rear passenger side. My mechanic (the lazy SOB) keeps telling me to bring it in on this or that day and then never looks at it but says it could be anything. The reason I bought new shocks was the fix the noise. It was not remedied.

Also, the car flops around going over railroad tracks and every little crack in the road you can feel going right through you. After looking at the crash tests, I have no wonder. This car has very little weight distribution as all of the weight is the massive engine and the body is like papier mache. If you want a great engine and transmission, buy this car, but if you care about your car making odd loud noises and generally being safe, do not buy it.

- , Shreveport, LA, USA