8.0

1. install new coil pack/spark plug (1 reports)
1999 Ford Crown Victoria engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Crown Victoria:

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Jun 242015

Crown Victoria LX V8

Well this is the third time this has happened to me. I got the car from my grandmother with only 70k miles on it. On the way back from NC to Tn I noticed a misfire. Got into town and changed the coil pack and spark plug with no problems. Three months later same thing happened to a different # plug. Went through the same steps and hopes for the best.

A couple months go by and this time when the plug shot out it stripped the threads on the heads. Now this really pissed me off cause it wasn't a easy fix for me and had to take it to the shop. $250 later they told me to drive it like a grandma. So I easy did it. Well today another shot out. I'm sick of messing with this. The car is a great car but I can't fork out $ every couple months. Ford is not my kind of car. Fix the problem or get them off the road.

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA