1. need to rethread cylinder (2 reports)
2001 Ford Crown Victoria engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Crown Victoria:

2001 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Apr 092015

Crown Victoria 4.6L

This is the second time a spark plug has popped out (blown out) of #1 cylinder. The first time was last year and a hella coil was done by a reputable shop. This time it would need a new head they said, for $2,000.00 for just the head + labor. Not worth fixing. Other than this issue, the engine ran well and car was nice handling up to this point of 227K miles.

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 012013

Crown Victoria LX 4.6L

my gripe is that ford should be held accountable for this problem that people have with this .. the spark plug blowing out of the cylinder..this is the second time this has happened .. two different plug s in two years ,, I understand my car is not new but ford knew about this problem and should have taken steps to recall all these car and trucks and fixed the problem.. I have been a loyal ford customer and now when I buy my new car I think I will go with another auto maker.. what happened to customer service and trying to keep the customer happy with your product.. we take very good care of this car but who can control a defeat that ford knew about and took no steps to fix the problem just let them go I guess is their thinking..what happened to pride with our products.. no wonder people buy Honda and kia I guess maybe I will join them maybe I will have better luck..

- , Kansas City, KS, USA