4.0

1. replace ignition coil (1 reports)
2001 Ford Crown Victoria engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Crown Victoria:

2001 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Feb 102010

Crown Victoria Cruiser Light 4.6L

I thought the engine was going to fall out it was running so roughly. I took it to an auto parts store, they ran the computer, it said a misfire on one cylinder, so I got the coil and it fixed it. Now it has had 4 of the coils replaced at 127K miles and I'm just waiting for the other 4 to go out. At least now I'll know what's wrong when it starts running badly, and I'll just go get the code read, and get the coil. Good luck to all and try maintaing your vehicle on a regular basis, Today's cars don't have the style of a '62 Fairlane.

- , Niles, MI, USA