8.0

1. replace very expensive control$ 700.00 (2 reports)
  2. rig the vacuum harness to fit control head (1 reports)
2003 Ford Crown Victoria AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Crown Victoria:

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Jul 282010

Crown Victoria

A big problem is the vacuum harness does not fit tight to the control head. A VACUUM LEAK ALWAYS RESULTS IN DEFAULT MODE - DEFROST ONLY, BY LAW. Use 2 - 10 inch tie straps to hold it tight to the control head or replace the vacuum harness, F5VY-19C827-A, $22.

Update from Aug 4, 2010: pictures available

- , Novi, MI, USA

Jun 122009

Crown Victoria LX 4.6L V8

Car has the automatic temperature control system. One of the solenoids in the controller has failed and the system defaulted to defrost only. The part is only sold as an entire unit and the dealer wants $1000 for the part + several hundred in labor. Found the part on line from Bob Utter Ford in Texas for about $550 so I'm probably going to get it there and install it myself.

- , Chula Vista, CA, USA

May 012008

Crown Victoria 4.6V8

this part that went bad is the switch with automatic temp control which costs at least 3 times as much as the manual one. No air will come out the dash panel at all, which is not real big deal in the winter but when air is on it severely cuts down on the efficiency of air conditioning. I have learned to hate this car that cost way too much to begin with. As sure as I am breathing I will never buy another piece of crap that has a ford emblem on it. It makes me want to slap someone, but I wont. ive had my say. Good Job Ford!!!!!

- , Burlington, KY, USA