8.0

2003 Ford Crown Victoria cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Crown Victoria:

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Jun 262015

Crown Victoria LX 4.6L Sohc

2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX. I was driving home yesterday and when traffic slowed down my temperature gauge shot up like a hot tamale. I was able to get off just in time before my coolant ruptured out of my reservoir that simulated a Chernobyl like melt down.

Luckily my car decided to blow up coolant right next to an Auto Zone and I decided to get a minor diagnosis on it. Instantly the employee told me that the fan control module failed or the fan itself failed. I let the car cool down, dumped some peak 50/50 green coolant, and drove home with the heater blasting so I wouldn't overheat. At home I tested with a multimeter and there is power going to the fan from the car.

Will update further into this problem as it is quite common on these Crown Victoria's.

- , Corona, CA, USA