7.0

1. replace axles (2 reports)
2003 Ford Crown Victoria drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Crown Victoria:

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Mar 212009

Crown Victoria LX 4.6L V8

Returning from LA heard a rumbling from the rear. Investigation indicated right rear wheel bearing had gone. Pulled the axles on both sides, both were worn and pitted. Replaced both axles and bearings. Car runs smooth. Dealer was a big help in giving me a tip on freeing the axle from the differential.

- , Chula Vista, CA, USA

Jul 022007

Crown Victoria LX 4.6L V8

This is the second rear axle I have had replaced in 44,000 miles. Ford has a recall on these, but only for Police/Taxi/Fleet cars and will not reimburse for what is obviously a manufacturing flaw. The Crown Vic platform is 29 years old and should not be having these problems. I am about 60 years old, drive mostly freeway and country roads, do not race. I have spoken to Ford and they claim no responsibility as my vin is not on the recall list.

- , Stillwater, MN, USA