2003 Ford Crown Victoria engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Crown Victoria:

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Mar 092015

Crown Victoria 8-cyl

Spark plug blew out of cylinder #6 and ruined coil-on-plug along with it. I had to take it to a mechanic and they used a time-sert kit to rethread the cylinder spark plug wall and replaced all plugs with factory plugs. I replaced the spark plugs myself 6 months before the incident using aftermarket plugs and it ran fine for about 5,000 miles until a plug blew out....updated 09/22/15 updated 10/13/2015

- Cumming, GA, USA

Mar 182015

Crown Victoria 8-cyl

Threw a spark plug on interstate. Had to have it towed to nearest Ford dealer and repairs were over $400 plus a rental car to get home. I understand this is a problem with Ford engines. Not good for older peopl traveling alone and out of town by 3 hours. This needs to be fixed.

- Lowell, AR, USA

Nov 012014

Crown Victoria

The engine light came on the dash and the car started to slow and sputter as like it was out of gas, when I had my mechanic look he found the intake to the manifold was shattered ( the plastic part that the hoes grips onto. I was coming home from work it was cold and the car just stops working as the loss of the fluid from the intake sprayed all over the motor, belt, hood, electrical and the motor locked up as I was trying to cost to the pull off as it was a major traffic area. The manifold intake broke !!! in New York "

- Liviningston, TX, USA

Oct 152014

Crown Victoria

I was on vacation coming home and the car started to pull then let go and the engine light cam on then car locked up on the high way few seconds latter their was thick white smoke coming from the hood of the car and threw the vents inside the car. I turned the hazard lights on and got out of the car on a heavy high way the car smoked for about 20-40 minutes, after it faded I opened the hood to find the ( manifold intake ) broke spraying the coolant all over the engine and electrical under the hood of the car. I see online their has been other complaints and Ford fixing them only in the hotter states as I live in NY but was in Texas when this happened. Also when this happened I had no place to pull off the road as I was in congested traffic / busy highway - I am lucky I didn't get hit by a car. Ford Motor Company I know you know of the issue !!!

- Jamestown, NY, USA

Oct 172014

Crown Victoria

The contact owns a 2003 Ford Crown Victoria. While driving approximately 50 mph, thick white smoke started emitting from the front end of the vehicle. The failure was not diagnosed nor was the vehicle repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 200,000.

- Jamestown, NY, USA