9.5

2006 Ford Crown Victoria engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Crown Victoria:

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Dec 272006

Crown Victoria 8-cyl

2006 Ford Crown Victoria purchased in June 2006. Problem occurred about 1 mointh after purchase (late June). I was driving out of my apt complex, when I stopped at the gate, the engine suddenly went crazy. It was as if it had max throttle except my foot was on the brake not the accelerator pedal. If I had not had my foot on the brake, I would have crashed into the gate. I put the control into neutral and the engine continued to race for about 6-7 seconds, then it stopped and it was like nothing had happened. I took it to the dealer and they ran diagnostics. Nothing wrong. So I said it was a fluke. But now 2 days ago (12-27-06), it happened again. I took it to the dealer and they ran diagnositics - again nothing wrong.

- Loveland, OH, USA