2006 Ford Crown Victoria seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Crown Victoria:

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Nov 032006

Crown Victoria

In 2006 my husband was a deputy sheriff I'm mt.he was driving a 2006 Crown Victoria with approx 3000 miles. He was heading to an assistance call on the interstate at a high rate of speed. Road conditions were good that day and no abnormalities in the road. I hired a private investigator to investigate some issues. I was informed that the air bags never deployed he was in a head on collision through a fence and then wrapped around a metal sign pole. Cause severe damage to this vehicle. All windows busted out radiator came through the front of the vehicle. Tires were not noted to be defected but I due question a tie rod. And at the time the investigator did run a recall check and nothing noted at that time. His report did state there was deformity noted in the stering colum. In which I have now noticed that there has been some issues with the steering colum. And this aand this accident did result in his fatality.

- Rapid City, SD, USA

Oct 012011

Crown Victoria 8-cyl

Air bag passive restraint system default alarm light and alarm sound goes off when driving down the highway. This happened randomly multiple times over a period of 6-18 months. Sometimes I find blown fuses, other times analytical tools suggest bad passive restraint ground. Currently unknown condition and unknown if air bag system actually works. Car has experienced dozens of failures like this, directional failures, parking brake failure, gas cut off failure, cooling fan failure, paint failure, remote mirror failure, window control switch failure, defrost failure, heat control failure, ignition failure, and many more. Passive restraint system failure is just one of the many I have been perplexed by. Of all the failures, Ford only accepted the gas shut off failure. I can not afford to keep the automobile operating.

- San Antonio, FL, USA

May 042007

Crown Victoria 8-cyl

The first problem I was told was a "module sensor" possible O2 sensor. This was within two weeks of buying this brand new 06' Ford crown vic. The second problem was a minor window malfunction. The latest problem we have is today my wife and grandson were in a accident. Someone pulled out in front of us, we were traveling about 25-30 mph. We hit the other car on the passenger side head on. Our airbags did not inflate. I am very very concerned this may be another "problem" with this 6 month old Ford, with less that 4,000 miles on it. The websites for both the dealer and Ford company are absolutely no help in trying to find answers to my situation. Please contact me on how to get this matter resolved.

- Lexington, NC, USA