2009 Ford E-150 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford E-150:

2009 Ford E-150 Owner Comments

Feb 132014

E-150

Adult male driver, I've ran a truck sales since 1971, driving all brands an this is a first and the most dangerous 2 or 3 minutes of my life..... driving a 2009 Ford F150 61,62 mph on cruise, coming into leary Georgia an approaching 2 vehicles ahead of me, I touched the brake petal to release the cruise control. This is the start of a nite mare. The throttle went wide open, from 60 I go to 75 -80 I had to pass the 2 cars ahead in town or rear end them. I had both feet on the brake an the transmission kept downshifting giving it more power. I turned the ignition off and then no brakes, no steering, no lights. I was prepared to hit woods or building to Dodge the cars on street, had a full 90 degree rt turn to make an cross a rr track, needing brakes and lights I turned ignition on, full throttle again, turned ignition back off and steered under a service stations canopy and back out on the street and across jumped the curb and into a god sent vacant lot, grassy, wet and soft. It stopped. After a few minutes and taking my nitroglycerin, I stopped shaking enough to start the engine, it idled. I locked it and left a note on the windshield to not attempt to drive this vehicle will kill you, will run away full speed. Don't blame it on driver error-cellphone-texting or alcohol- it was a runa-way truck and will seriously hurt or kill your wife, son or daughter that's inexperienced.

- Dothan, AL, USA