2012 Ford E-350 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford E-350:

2012 Ford E-350 Owner Comments

Jul 282014

E-350 8-cyl

2012 E350 Ford with 69 K miles and before I reached 70 K miles the transmission froze up. The forward planetary assembly bearing failed. This is covered under Ford"S customer satisfaction program 12N04. I being the 3rd owner, I did not know of this Ford program when the trans failed. The trans failed block from community transmissions in bellflower, I drove in and had the repair work done. Total $2012.70. No problems with them. I never received the Ford customer satisfaction letter. I called Ford in detroit and they first said I would be covered. I was instructed to take the repair bill and old parts to caruso Ford as they have to file a claim for me. After waiting a month, I called Ford detroit again and found out that caruso Ford said that I am not covered. I spoke with richard who is my service writer at caruso Ford, long beach. First, he said I was not covered because I do not meet the time and mileage limits in the letter. I pointed out that my Ford does meet the 6 year and 150 K limits in the letter. Then richard said I had the repair done on a Monday and all Ford dealers are open on Monday and I could have had the repair done for free at a Ford dealer. Richard then said that Ford detroit said that I am not covered. Passing the buck! I asked to speak with the caruso Ford service manager, and was told he would call me. I never got a call from him. I call Ford detroit again and asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told supervisor robert would call me. I never got a call from him. The Ford satisfaction letter states that ?if you have paid to have this service done before the date of this letter, then you maybe eligible for a refund." I received no letter. I did not know about the customer satisfaction letter until after I had the repair work done. I feel that Ford is not living up to the intent of their letter.

- Torrance , CA, USA