1998 Ford Econoline brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Econoline:

1998 Ford Econoline Owner Comments

Feb 022001

Econoline

Have been driving for over 40 years. Have never had brake pads wear out this fast. Belive there must be a problem with the ABS braking system, but unable to get Ford to help with this problem. The Ford dealer told me that Ford sent out a letter to its dealers about premature pad failure at 12000 miles but would not give me a copy of this notice. When I called Ford all they would tell me is that the pads were not covered under the warranty. I don't seem to be able to get any more info from Ford are the dealer. Keep gitting the run around. Thanks for any help you can give me.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Feb 252000

Econoline

While driving about 30 mph heard a noise coming from brakes, pads on the front passenger's side fell off.

- Grand Perry, TX, USA