- September 29: Ford Recalls Focus and Transit Connect Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 1 days ago
- September 26: Jury Rules Ford Escape Airbag Caused Man to Kill Himself news | 4 days ago
- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 22 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 33 days ago
No Heat At Idle
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 39,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
AC / heater problem