- July 26: Austin, Texas: 60 Carbon Monoxide Detectors Activate in Ford Police SUVs news | 1 days ago
- July 26: Ford Recalls 117,000 F-150, E-Series, Escape and Lincoln MKC Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 4 days ago
- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 7 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 11 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tail Pipe Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 107 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
exhaust system problem