CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.

Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.

Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.

1.6

2007 Ford Edge fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Edge:

2007 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Dec 172014

Edge

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V682000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- New Foundland, NJ, USA

Mar 232015

Edge

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V682000 (fuel system, gasoline) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Feb 022015

Edge

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V682000 (fuel system, gasoline) and stated that the parts were not available. The dealer did not provide a specific date for when the parts would become available. In addition, the contact noticed the presence of a leak under the vehicle and indicated that it was near the transfer case and the axle. The vehicle was not inspected or diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 77,000.

- Pequea, PA, USA

Oct 012014

Edge 6-cyl

My 2007 Ford Edge SUV has the same fuel tank leak issue as Ford recall number 14S22 but is not part of the recall. I do not know where it was originally sold but it is registered in Tennessee. My concern is the same as listed in the recall, "a fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of a fire."

- Manchester, TN, USA

Dec 012014

Edge

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V682000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the part was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- South Windsor, CT, USA

Feb 092015

Edge

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V682000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the part was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Redford, MI, USA

May 032014

Edge 6-cyl

Very strong smell of gas/fuel. Has it taken to body shop 2 times to check for a fuel leak in lines, nothing found. Continued to smell gas, causing severe headaches in myself, my 6 year old and my 3 year old. Several trips to er and urgent care for headaches, no cause found after many xrays and mri scans. Recall notice received 12/14 for fuel tank defect. Vehicle impounded at local dealer until unspecified time to be fixed. Estimated time to fix 8/15. Ford has made no attempt to replace or refund the vehicle with safety recall after several attempts at the dealer and through fmc website to no avail.

- Bear Lake, PA, USA

Jan 032015

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact stated that fuel fumes emitted inside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the fuel vents, canister vent and a vent valve needed to be replaced. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number id: 14V682000 (fuel system, gasoline). The vehicle was not repaired due to the parts not being available. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 66,500. Updated 03/19/15 the consumer was advised by the dealer that the failure was not related to the recall. The consumers believes there should be a recall related to the failures. Updated 08/18/2015 updated 09/08/15

- Washington , PA, USA

Jan 122015

Edge

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V682000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Redford, MI, USA

Nov 252014

Edge

Fuel tank has small rust holes in the top which causes a strong fuel smell. We can only fill tank half full to try to keep the smell from being so over whelming. Ford wants up to $2700 to replace fuel tank. The fuel tank is located very close to the exhaust pipe. That concerns me a lot.

- Louisburg, NC, USA

Nov 032014

Edge 6-cyl

Ford recall 14S22 on 2007 Ford Edge my car is leaking gas and is unsafe to drive I have spoken to langway Ford who referred me to Ford customer service regarding when the car could be fixed but am unable to get any info; they said the recall is too new and they don't have any info on parts or when the parts will become available. I need a rental car or loaner and think Ford should provide one until my car can be repaired. What can I do?

- Charlton, MA, USA

Sep 102013

Edge 6-cyl

Fuel tank has a hole right above the half way mark. Fumes are so strong - it gives me headaches and leaks all over the ground.

- Fryeburg , ME, USA

Aug 012013

Edge

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact stated that there was a strong fuel odor coming from the vehicle while driving or parked. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic, who diagnosed that the fuel tank was corroded and was leaking. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 86,000.

- Baxter, KY, USA

Oct 152014

Edge 6-cyl

Fuel leaking from gas tank on my AWD 2007 Ford Edge. Strong odor of gasoline fumes coming from the car. Got it checked out, and the gas tank is leaking where the top half of the tank is welded to the bottom half of the tank. Service center said to keep the tank less than half full to minimize gas leaking from the tank. The strong fumes still cause an extreme hazard to my family. No replacement gas tank is available in the entire United States. Now this car sits motionless in my driveway.

- Littlestown, PA, USA

Sep 232014

Edge 6-cyl

My gas tank has started leaking. My mechanic has told me it will probably take 2 months before a replacement tank will be available.

- Greenwood , IN, USA

Oct 182014

Edge 6-cyl

Noticed a gas smell. Found a leaking gas tank with a puddle under my car.

- Leesburg , IN, USA

Oct 102014

Edge 6-cyl

Gas tank is rusting out on top of tank and on seam. Contacted Ford and was told to replace tank at a cost of $2800 dollars just for tank. I think this is a safety issue because exhaust is right below the tank. How can a vehicle that is 7 years old be rusting out a gas tank. I think Ford has known about this problem because I can't even locate a used tank to replace it with. How can they justify a new tank at $2800. They should have recalled to replace these tanks, 07,08,09 and some 2010 Ford Edges are affected with this problem and not just a couple but practically everyone sold! I really like my Edge but if they won't stand behind their vehicle over a safety issue this will be the last Ford I own. Thanks!

- Clymer, PA, USA

Oct 012014

Edge

Fuel tank leaking. Noticed a strong fuel odor when I filled the tank. Did some research and there are over a hundred complaints about this. Leak is coming from the top seal or seam. There must be a problem because Ford has a back order on the tank when I tried to get it fixed they did not know when they could get one in.I do think a recall is in order.

- Pilot Mtn, NC, USA

Oct 062014

Edge 6-cyl

I put a set tires on my vehicle last week and was told my gas tank was leaking. I took it to a Ford dealership to get estimate on repair. They also stated the tank was leaking. The entire tank would need to be replaced to the tune of $2,200 roughly. The ironic thing here the fuel tank is on a national backorder and have no idea when this problem can be fixed!!!! there should be a recall, somebody needs to wake up here!!!! are we going to wait for an accident here where someone is killed before Ford fixes this problem!!!!

- Pilot Mountain, NC, USA

Oct 032014

Edge 6-cyl

I began to smell a strong gas smell, then I saw drops of gas on my driveway. I took the vehicle to my dealership. They informed me the fuel tank was rusted with a hole, thus the leak. The repair was very costly, I asked them to pursue a used fuel tank. After researching extensively, the dealer and I found that all of the used fuel tanks also have holes and are rusted. The dealer went forward with requesting a new fuel tank, only to find that Ford has them on backorder with an eta of never. The dealership rep called Ford to find they are no longer making the fuel tank, there is no supplier for the fuel tank. I am left with a car that cannot be repaired properly. The Ford relationship center has been no help. This is a serious safety issue. Ford has turned a blind eye. Consumers need to know about this potentially deadly defect.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA